1. Toxicity Management for Central Nervous System Tumors in Radiation Oncology
2. Toxicity Management for Head and Neck Tumors in Radiation Oncology-I
3. Toxicity Management for Head and Neck Tumors in Radiation Oncology-II
4. Toxicity Management for Thorax Tumors in Radiation Oncology
5. Toxicity Management for Upper Abdomen Tumors in Radiation Oncology
6. Toxicity Management for Pelvic Tumors in Radiation Oncology
7. Toxicity Management for Other Sites in Radiation Oncology
This book is an evidence-based guide to the prevention and current management of acute and late toxicities of radiation therapy for a wide range of malignancies. Each chapter focuses on a particular anatomic site and provides information on normal sectional anatomy, contouring of target volumes and organs at risk, dose constraints, the pathophysiology of radiation toxicity, and treatment approaches for each potential toxicity. The information provided will assist in the planning and delivery of intensity-modulated radiation therapy, including volumetric modulated arc therapy, stereotactic radiosurgery, and stereotactic body radiotherapy. It will also enable the selection of appropriate, evidence-based management options in individual patients who experience radiation toxicities, taking into account the organ-specific pathophysiology of radiation injury. Written by acknowledged experts and featuring numerous high-quality illustrations, the book will be an ideal reference aid for practicing clinical and radiation oncologists, radiotherapists, fellows, residents, and nurses.
• Detailed guidance on all relevant aspects, from contouring and dose constraints to evidence-based management options
• Cutting-edge findings on pathophysiology
• Coverage of a very wide spectrum of tumor sites
• Gokhan Ozyigit graduated from Hacettepe University Faculty of Medicine (English) in 1996 and then obtained ECFMG Certification in the United States. In 2001 he completed his residency at the Department of Radiation Oncology, Hacettepe University. He later became a research fellow in the Departments of Radiation Oncology at Washington University and The University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center. In 2006 he was appointed Associate Professor in the Department of Radiation Oncology at Hacettepe University and he became a Professor there in 2012. He is currently Chair of the Department of Radiation Oncology and Director of the Advanced Cancer Technologies Research & Application Center at Hacettepe University. Dr. Ozyigit is an editorial board member of several international journals and a reviewer or advisor for a number of other international journals. He is the editor of nine previous books and has authored numerous articles in peer-reviewed journals, as well as many book chapters. He has received several national awards in the field of Oncology. He is currently president-elect of the Turkish Society for Radiation Oncology.
• Ugur Selek graduated from Hacettepe University, Faculty of Medicine (English), in 1997, and was certified by ECFMG in the United States. He completed his Radiation Oncology Residency Program in Hacettepe University in 2001. Between 2001 and 2003, he worked at University of Texas, M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, Department of Radiation Oncology, as a clinical fellow, focusing on IMRT and stereotactic radiotherapy, and received the "First Annual M.D. Anderson Radiation Oncology Fellow Research Award" in 2003. After his appointment as Assistant Professor in 2004, he became an Associate Professor in the Department of Radiation Oncology at Hacettepe University in 2006. Dr. Selek is currently Professor of Radiation Oncology at Koc University School of Medicine. He is also an adjunct faculty member of U.T. M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, Department of Radiation Oncology, and has been Chair of the American Hospital–M.D. Anderson Radiation Treatment Center in Istanbul since 2009. Dr. Selek is a reviewer or advisor for a number of international journals. He has co-edited four previous books and authored numerous articles in peer-reviewed journals and book chapters. He is a member of the ASTRO International Education Subcommittee and a member of the Board of Directors of the Turkish Society of Lung Cancer. He also received FASTRO award in ASTRO 2019.