• Comprehensively covers the interdisciplinary field of regenerative medicine with contributions from leaders in tissue engineering, cell and developmental biology, biomaterials sciences, nanotechnology, physics, chemistry, bioengineering and surgery
• Includes new chapters devoted to iPS cells and other alternative sources for generating stem cells as written by the scientists who made the breakthroughs
• Edited by a world-renowned team to present a complete story of the development and promise of regenerative medicine
• Anthony Atala, Director, Wake Forest Institute for Regenerative Medicine, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston-Salem, NC, USA.
• Robert Lanza, Advanced Cell Technology, MA, USA.
• Tony Mikos, Director of Center for Excellence in Tissue Engineering; Louis Calder Professor of Bioengineering, Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering; Director, J.W. Cox Laboratory for Biomedical Engineering; Rice University.
• Robert Nerem