Publisher's Note: Products purchased from Third Party sellers are not guaranteed by the publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitlements included with the product.
A concise, expertly written overview of physical medicine and rehabilitation --- from leaders in the field
Principles of Rehabilitation Medicine is comprehensive and authoritative review for the specialty of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. The book offers a wide array of chapters with complete reviews of classical rehabilitation topics such as brain injury, spinal cord injury, stroke, pain management and electrodiagnostic medicine.
Additionally, there is in-depth coverage of musculoskeletal medicine, pediatric rehabilitation and sports. An expansive first section reviews fundamental knowledge essential to the basic rehabilitation assessment.
Chapters reflect cutting edge topics in the field such as:
• Regenerative medicine
• Rehabilitation of the veteran
• Rehabilitation of the polytrauma patient
• Hand rehabilitation
• Rehabilitation in pregnancy
• Sexual rehabilitation
• Rehabilitation of the injured worker
• Rehabilitation issues in the developing world
• Rehabilitation at the end of life Chapters are authored by proven leaders in the field with a focus on pathophysiology, diagnosis and rehabilitative management. Information is presented in a clear, concise manner, with direct patient applications. The text is complemented by numerous figures, tables and patient care algorithms which are designed to confer a basic understanding of principles.