1. Shane: Mania
2. Aaron: Acute Psychosis
3. Anna: Recurrent Depressive Disorder
4. Laura: Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
5. Jane: Alcohol Use Disorder
6. Marguerite: Delirium
7. Colin: Anxiety Disorders
8. Norma: Perinatal Mental Illness
9. Kathleen: Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
10. Walter: Treatment Resistant Depression
11. Emma: Eating Disorders
12. John: Polysubstance Misuse
13. Natasha: Medically Unexplained Symptoms
14. Michael: Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
15. Caroline: Bipolar Affective Disorder
16. Declan: Mental Illness in Autistic Spectrum Disorders
17. Francine: Borderline Personality Disorder
18. Trevor: Antisocial Personality Disorder
19. Frankie: Gender Dysphoria
20. Eric: Dementia
21. Linda: Opiate Misuse and Pregnancy
22. Larry: Mental Illness in Intellectual Disability
23. Luke: A Case of Suicide
24. Pious, Bernadette, Dervla, Emmett and Karim: Adverse Effects of Medication
25. Piotr: Schizophrenia
26. Mark: School Refusal
Problem-Based Psychiatry is a comprehensive resource covering the key principles of evidence-based approaches to diagnosis and treatment of the full range of psychiatric disorders.
The text is highly engaging and interactive. It offers a unique patient-centred, multidisciplinary perspective, taking students through a series of narratives designed to prompt deeper understanding and learning.
Ideal for medical students and educators alike, this text will also be a valuable resource for doctors engaged in postgraduate training in psychiatry and other medical disciplines, as well as for the range of allied mental health professionals.
• 26 chapters designed for individual teaching sessions.
• Evidence-based treatment options for all major psychiatric disorders and presentations, including autism spectrum disorders, PTSD, gender dysphoria and schizophrenia.
• Problem-based format allows for learning in a real-world, practical context.
• Narratives and scenario-based learning to promote deep understanding.
• Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.