CARRUTHERS, A.; CARRUTHERS, J.; DOVER, J.S.; ALAM, M.; IBRAHIM, O.
• Part 1: Basic Science and Clinical Usage of Neuromodulators
1. Newer Non-Cosmetic Uses of the Botulinum Toxins (former name: Therapeutic Uses of the Botulinum Toxins)
2. History of Cosmetic Botulinum Toxin
3. Pharmacology of BOTOX® Cosmetic
4. Abobotulinum Toxin A: Science and Clinical Usage
5. Basic Science: Xeomin®
6. Prabotulinum toxin A
7. Basic Science: Myobloc®
8. Basic Science of Botulinum Toxin E
9. Neuronox®, Innotox®, and Coretox®
10. Injectable DaxibotulinumtoxinA (RT002)
11. Comparison of Botulinum Toxins
12. Topical Botulinum Toxin Type A
13. Reconstitution / Dilution
14. Benzyl Alcohol
• Part 2: Neuromodulator Injection Sites
15. Treatment of Glabellar Lines with Neuromodulators
16. Treatment of Frontalis and Horizontal Forehead Lines with Neuromodulators
17. Shaping the Eyebrow and Upper Face (Palpebral Aperture) with Neuromodulators and Fillers
18. Treatment of Crow’s Feet with Neuromodulators
19. Treatment of Infraorbital / Upper and Lower Eyelids with Neuromodulators
20. Treatment of the Mid-face with Botulinum Toxin (e.g. nasal tip, rosacea)
21. Treatment of Orbicularis Oris, Mentalis, Depressor Anguli Oris (e.g. Lip Lines) with Neuromodulators
22. Platysma, Nefertiti Lift® and Beyond (e.g. Chest)
23. The Masseters and Their Treatment with Botulinum Toxin
24. Treatment of Darker Skin Types with Neuromodulators
25. Combination Noninvasive Facial Aesthetic Treatments with Botulinum Toxin Type A
26. Treatment of Focal Axillary Hyperhidrosis with Neuromodulators (and Scalp and Inguinal)
27. Treatment of Palmo-Plantar Hyperhidrosis with Neuromodulators
• Part 3: Future Directions for Aesthetic Neuromodulators
28. The Future of Neuromodulators in Aesthetic Medicine
29. Neuromodulator Immunogenicity
Offering a step-by-step, practical approach to this commonly performed cosmetic procedure, Procedures in Cosmetic Dermatology: Botulinum Toxin, 5th Edition, enables you to master the up-to-date cosmetic techniques that produce the superior results your patients expect. Edited by expert clinicians Drs. Alastair Carruthers and Jean Carruthers, along with Jeffrey S. Dover, Murad Alam, and Omar Ibrahim, it covers the science behind these neuromodulators and their usage areas in cosmetic dermatology, as well as the latest treatment options-all abundantly illustrated and evidence based. A substantial video library demonstrating injection techniques helps you successfully incorporate the latest procedures into your practice.
• Alastair Carruthers, MA, BM, BCh, FRCP(LON), FRCPC, Cosmetic Dermatologic Surgeon and Clinical Professor of Dermatology, Faculty of Medicine, University of British Columbia (UBC), Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
• Jean Carruthers, MD, FRCSC, Cosmetic Surgeon and Clinical Professor of Ophthalmology, Faculty of Medicine, University of British Columbia (UBC), Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
• Jeffrey S. Dover, MD, FRCPC, Director, SkinCare Physicians, Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts; Associate Professor of Clinical Dermatology at Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut, and Associate Professor of Dermatology, Brown Medical School, Providence, Rhode Island.
• Murad Alam, MD, Vice Chair, Department of Dermatology; Chief of Cutaneous and Aesthetic Surgery, Department of Dermatology; Professor of Dermatology (Cutaneous and Aesthetic Surgery), Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery and Surgery (Organ Transplantation), Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL, U.S.A.
• Omer Ibrahim