This book retains the core contents of the successful first edition and covers all the practical issues related to prostate biopsy diagnosis in day-to-day practice. It uses abundant algorithms, flow charts, and tables to simulate a pathologist’s thought process and assist decision making during evaluation of prostate biopsies. Chapters address the most effective ways to evaluate a prostate biopsy and how to formulate a diagnostic approach upon encountering a specific clinical problem. Pertinent new information is incorporated in all chapters, particularly in how novel diagnostic tools such as MRI and genomic tests may affect prostate biopsy practice and diagnosis. An entirely new chapter on pattern-based approaches to prostate biopsy interpretation has been added.
The second edition of Prostate Biopsy Interpretation: An Illustrated Guide is not meant to be an all-encompassing, definitive bibliography of pathology of prostate cancer. Instead, it provides practicing surgical pathologists and trainees a quick and handy reference for all the practical issues relevant to day-to-day interpretation of prostate biopsy.
• Covers all practical issues related to the interpretation of prostatic biopsies
• Simulates the thought and decision-making process in response to common scenarios
• Contains a wealth of carefully selected, high-quality color images
• Fully updated and revised new edition
• Rajal B. ShahThe Cleveland ClinicCleveland, OH USA
• Ming Zhou The University of Texas Southwestern Medical CenterDallas, TX USA