1. Psychology: An Introduction
2. Research Informed Practice
3. Lifespan: The early years (birth to adolescence)
4. Lifespan: Middle and later years (adulthood to ageing)
5. Health and health psychology
6. The Social Context of behaviour
7. Behaviour change
8. Communication in healthcare practice
9. Stress and coping
12. Partnerships in health
13. Health promotion
14. Psychology in Practice
Psychology: An Introduction for Health Professionals will appeal to the undergraduate nursing and health science student seeking to understand patient responses and behaviours to various diagnoses, interventions and health outcomes.
Written by Patricia Barkway, the text is divided into two sections. The first introduces essential concepts and theories of psychology in the context of human development across the lifespan. The second focuses on applying these concepts and theories to healthcare issues and practice.