• Uses anthropological examples (from the subdisciplines of sociocultural anthropology, biological anthropology, and archaeology) to illustrate quantitative data techniques
• Integrates quantitative techniques with theoretical fluency, encouraging the reader to make connections between Big Picture questions in anthropology and the methods used to address those questions
• Focuses on the practical use of Excel and SPSS to apply quantitative methods to anthropological contexts
• Includes exercises in both parametric and nonparametric inferential statistics, as well as descriptive statistics
• Leslie Lea Williams, Assistant Professor, Department of Anthropology, Beloit College, Beloit, WI, USA.
• Kylie Quave, Assistant Professor, University Writing Program, George Washington University, Washington, D.C., USA