A leading resource for occupational therapy practitioners and students for 20 years, now updated with the latest information in the profession, Quick Reference Dictionary for Occupational Therapy, Seventh Edition is a pocket-sized resource for daily practice and academic training.
Quick Reference Dictionary for Occupational Therapy, Seventh Edition by Dr. Karen Jacobs and Laela Simon remains the only comprehensive dictionary available specifically for occupational therapy. Containing more than 4,000 words and definitions, 70 appendices, and illustrations, graphs, and tables throughout, this definitive text has been updated with the latest information in current occupational therapy practice. New appendices in the Seventh Edition include:
• The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services Functional Outcome Measures
• Reimbursement systems and funding mechanisms
• Effective communication strategies
• Principles of interprofessional team dynamics
• Examples of occupational therapy in primary care programs
• Cultural effectiveness
• Select theories and assessments used in occupational therapy best practice
• Basic principles of instructional design
• Disaster response and risk reduction
• World Federation of Occupational Therapists' Presidents
• Global citizenry
• AOTA Occupational Profile Template and Code of Ethics
A handy, conveniently sized reference in an easy-to-use format, Quick Reference Dictionary for Occupational Therapy, Seventh Edition gives occupational therapists, occupational therapy assistants, faculty, and students the most pertinent information they need day-to-day, right at their fingertips.