1. Introduction to Skeletal Radiology
2. Hip Implants
3. Knee Implants
4. Shoulder Implants
5. Foot and Ankle Implants
6. Spinal Implants
8. Hand and Wrist Implants
9. Radionuclide Imaging of Skeletal Implants
There is an ever-expanding range of implants used in Orthopaedic Surgery. Nearly 200,000 joint replacement procedures are done in UK every year. The performance of these implants is assessed on radiographs. This is of interest to Orthopaedic surgeons and Radiologists alike. Information on interpretation of these radiographs is not readily available in an easily readable format. This book will assist both trainees and practicing orthopedic surgeons and radiologists in assessing the radiologic appearance of implants and their potential for future performance.
• Enables understanding of the various orthopedic implants
• Provides features of implants and methods to determine functioning or failing implants
• Emphasizes the importance of radiographic images and their assessment
• Sanjeev Agarwal, MBBS, MS(Orth), DNB (Orth), FRCS Ed, FRCS (Tr and Orth)is a Consultant in Orthopaedic Surgery at University Hospital of Wales, Cardiff, UK . He is a graduate of King George’s Medical College, India, orthopaedic trained from Leeds, and fellowship trained from Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston and Harvard Medical School. He specializes in hip and knee replacements, revision surgery and orthopaedic trauma. He has written over 25 research papers, 4 review articles, 4 book chapters and edited a multi-author book on Orthopaedics (Current Orthopaedic Practice, tfm publishers, Shrewsbury, UK 2012). He is a Regional Surgical Advisor for the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh. He teaches Orthopaedic residents, medical students and runs a fellowship program in joint replacement surgery at Cardiff. He is an honorary clinical teacher in Orthopaedics for Cardiff University.
• G. Jyoti Bansal, MBBS, MRCP, FRCR is a consultant in Radiology at Llandough University Hospital, which is part of the Cardiff and Vale University Health Board. She trained in Leeds and Cardiff and has written over 20 research papers and a book chapter. She is the Royal College tutor for Radiology residents in Llandough Hospital and honorary lecturer in Radiology for Cardiff University. She teaches medical students, radiology residents and is invited faculty on national courses in Radiology in the UK.