1. Endoscopic Resection of Early Colorectal Cancer
2. Colonic Stent: Bridge to Surgery
3. D3 Lymph Node Dissection for Colon and Rectal Cancers
4. Laparoscopic Surgery for Colorectal Cancer
5. Robotic-Assisted Laparoscopic Surgery for Rectal Cancer
6. Intersphincteric Resection for Rectal Adenocarcinoma Near the Anus
7. Chemoradiation for Rectal Cancer
8. Adjuvant Chemotherapy
9. Chemotherapy for Metastatic Colorectal Cancer
10. Next-Generation Sequencing for Genetic Diagnosis of Hereditary Colorectal Cancer and Polyposis Syndrome
11. Clinical Management of Hereditary Colorectal Cancer
This book examines the latest indications and techniques for various endoscopic and surgical colorectal cancer treatments, discussing not only on the standard lymph node dissection technique, but also on laparoscopic and robotic surgery. It particularly focuses on the treatment of rectal cancer, with chapters on radiation therapy and sphincter preservation, which is analyzed from Asian perspectives that differ from those of Western treatment. Further, it presents the results of combining chemotherapy and oral drugs, as well as the treatment of hereditary cancer using next-generation sequencing for genetic diagnosis.
Edited by surgeons who have pioneered the research and treatment of colorectal cancer, Recent Advances in the Treatment of Colorectal Cancer presents extensive information for clinicians such as endoscopic surgeons, colorectal surgeons, as well as oncologists and researchers specializing in this field. Providing a foundation for new ideas, it enables advanced surgeons to further develop their skills and offers thought-provoking, instructive and informative reading for residents, students and medical staff.
• Examines the latest indications and techniques for various endoscopic and surgical treatments
• Analyzes radiation therapy and sphincter preservation from Asian perspectives, which differ from those of Western treatment
• Appeals to clinicians such as endoscopic surgeons, colorectal surgeons, as well as oncologists and researchers specializing in this field