This comprehensive atlas, which includes a wealth of illustrations and anatomic pictures created by the editors, covers a broad range of both regional anesthesia and pain intervention techniques, including neuromodulation. The book is unique in that it covers ultrasound and fluoroscopic-guided techniques, as well as traditional landmark-guided techniques. The authors and editors are internationally renowned experts, and share extensive theoretic and practical insights into regional anesthesia, pain therapy and anatomic sciences for everyday practice.
The book addresses the application of ultrasound and fluoroscopic guidance for pain interventions and provides detailed coverage of ultrasound-guided and landmark-guided regional anesthesia.
The book represents a detailed guide to the application of regional anesthesia and pain medicine; furthermore, examples of medico-legal documentation are also included in this edition.
The 5th edition of Regional Nerve Blocks in Anesthesia and Pain Medicine is practically oriented and provides essential guidelines for the clinical application of regional anesthesia. It is intended for anesthesiologists and all professionals engaged in the field of pain therapy such as pain specialists, surgeons, orthopedists, neurosurgeons, neurologists, general practitioners, and nurse anesthetists.
• Covers a broad range of regional anesthesia and pain intervention techniques, including neuromodulatio
• Includes detailed coverage of US- and landmark-guided regional anesthesia
• Written by KOLs and enriched with original pictures of anatomic dissections, an array of US and fluoroscopy images
• Danilo Jankovic is currently Director of the Regional Pain Management Centre DGS in Cologne-Huerth. Dr. Jankovic’s main areas of interest include regional nerve blocks in anesthesia and interventional pain management, regional anesthesia anatomy, treatment of pain by developing new techniques designed and published for the rapid resolution of musculoskeletal pain and dysfunction, medicolegal documentation in regional anesthesia, e.g., Dr. Jankovic is a member of numerous professional associations and has lectured extensively both nationally and internationally.
Dr. Jankovic has been awarded with Rudolf Frey Award 2000 and German Pain Association Award 2007 for his contribution in the field of Regional Anesthesia and Pain Management. Dr. Jankovic has authored the book Regional Nerve Blocks and Infiltration Therapy (1st–4th ed.), which has been translated into six languages and awarded “book of the year” 2005 by the Society of Authors and The Royal Society of Medicine in London. He has also contributed many chapters to textbooks edited by colleagues.
• Philip Peng is a Professor in the Department of Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine of the University of Toronto. He has played an important role in the education of pain medicine and established major teaching courses for Pain in Canada such as Canadian Pain Interventional Course and Ultrasound for Pain Medicine Course. The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (RCPSC) honored him with the Founder designation in pain medicine for his role in establishing pain medicine subspecialty in Canada. He is a leader, researcher, educator, and pioneer in the application of ultrasound for pain medicine. His innovative research led to different new procedures in pain intervention, including ultrasound-guided pudendal nerve block and pericapsular nerve group (PENG) block.
He received numerous awards including the prestigious John J Bonica award from American Society of Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine and Distinguished Service Award from both the European Society of Regional Anesthesia-Spain Chapter and Canadian Pain Society. He has delivered more than 400 lectures and workshops nationally and internationally. He has edited 8 books and published 240 peer-reviewed publications and book chapters.