Written by Jackie Reznik & Josh Simmons, this multi-contributed text explores contemporary aspects of spinal cord injury treatment and management, as well as essential but not often addressed topics such as paediatric spinal cord injury, high cervical injuries, and the tetraplegic upper limb. The patient experience is emphasised as is the clinical journey through the input from individuals with lived experience of a spinal cord injury.
The text is offering new and important insights into key facets of spinal cord injury treatment and management, Rehabilitation in Spinal Cord Injuries is a practical guide for the physiotherapy students, early career clinicians as well as the medical and health professionals wishing to remain current with advancements in treatment and interventions in this area.
• Chapters about biomechanics, paediatric spinal cord injury, high cervical injuries, and the tetraplegic upper limb
• Insight into the lived experience of individual with a spinal cord injury
• Documents patient journey from injury to total rehabilitation
• Appendix of common assessments for spinal cord injuries
• Evidence-based Practice Points enables clinician to quickly and easily translates theory to practice
• Includes an eBook with purchase of the print book