• Evolving Role of Renal Mass Biopsy: Myths, Facts, and Misconceptions
• Can Renal Mass Biopsy Improve Outcomes? Impact on Clinical Decision-Making
• Financial Considerations in the Management of Small Renal Masses
• Renal Mass Biopsy: An Evolution and Current Status
• Renal Mass Biopsy: Simple Techniques and Optimizing Navigational/Targeting Tools
• Office-Based Percutaneous Renal Biopsy
• Renal Core Biopsy from the Pathologist’s Point of View
• Pathological Interpretation of Renal Mass Biopsies
• Effects of Thermal Ablation on Diagnostic Interpretation
• Is There a Role for Confocal Laser Endomicroscopy in Renal Mass Biopsy?
• Renal Mass Biopsy: Future Trends and Developments
• Ancillary Studies Applied to Renal Masses
This text presents a comprehensive and state-of-the-art approach to renal mass biopsy, and reviews current techniques for obtaining samples, proper tissues processing, indications for biopsy, and treatment outcomes. Sections address preliminary issues faced by urologists, pathologists, interventional radiologists, oncologists, and nephrologists who may be initially reconsidering the role for RMB including clinical decision making, financial considerations, misconceptions, sampling errors, and understanding limitations. Basic techniques and set-up, navigational tools, and tips and tricks to maximize sampling and avoid complications is also included. Sections also address patient selection, pre-biopsy considerations, technical aspects of the most common techniques and equipment, and image guidance systems. Pathological considerations include role of fine needle aspirations, touch preparation, core biopsies, immunohistochemistry, and classification schemata. The text concludes with chapters on future directions and improvements in diagnostic imaging, future developments in optical biopsies (confocal microscopy), and ancillary studies on renal masses.
Written by experts in the field of urology and pathology, Renal Mass Biopsy is your go to resource for techniques and outcomes for the treatment of renal masses.
• Presents a comprehensive and state-of-the-art approach to renal mass biopsy
• Provides extensive illustrations and photographs to deepen understanding of technique
• Reviews current and future developments of RMB
• Written by experts in the field of urology and pathology
• Raymond J. Leveillee, MD, FRCS-G. Charles E. Schmidt College of Medicine. Florida Atlantic University. Boca Raton, FL. USA
• Merce Jorda, MD, PhD, MBA. University of Miami Miller School of Medicine. Department of Pathology & Laboratory Medicine. Miami, FL. USA