• What Is Perimetry and How to Obtain the Best Results?
• Incorporating Perimetry in Managing Glaucoma
• Interpretation of a Humphrey Single Visual Field Printout
• Challenges in Interpreting Perimetry in Glaucoma
• Evaluating Progression on Perimetry
• Interpretation of Octopus Visual Fields
• Progression Monitoring with an Octopus Perimeter
• Structure–Function Relation in Humphrey Perimetry
• Structure–Function Relation in Octopus Perimetry
• Check–Recheck: Visual Field Dilemmas in Retinal Disorders
• Perimetry in Neurological Disorders
• Effect of Media Opacities on Perimetry: A Vexing Clinical Problem
• Visual Field Defects with Tilted and Torted Optic Discs
This book covers interpretation of visual fields by Humphrey and Octopus perimeters and discussion of Humphrey visual fields in a variety of ocular disorders.It examines dilemmas faced by an ophthalmologist while evaluating visual fields which do not match with the clinical picture. Glaucoma, the commonest condition for visual field investigation is discussed in detail. Logical reasoningfor incorporating perimetry in glaucoma management with a clear understanding of the challenges in its interpretation is delved into. The book progresses to advanced glaucoma and glaucoma progression. It discusses a systematic evaluation of various parts of the visual field so that the reader can make a calculated management plan for their patient.
Each chapter attempts to clearly enunciate factors that help in the diagnosis and features which may be confused with other conditions. Fields which help diagnosing early, advanced glaucoma and glaucoma progression with images and methods of ensuring reasonable diagnostic accuracy are included.
The book incorporates separate chapters on ocular conditions which also mimic visual field defects of glaucoma with detailed modes of correct diagnosis, diagnostic dilemmas arising from retinal, macular, vascular, visual pathway lesions mimicking visual field defects of glaucoma or while coexisting with glaucoma, supported by algorithms to achieve a quick diagnosis in a busy OPD without missing the clinical findings and by using minimal investigative modalities.
This book helps clinicians to prevent over diagnosis or under diagnosis of glaucoma and helps diagnose cases with morbidities causing visual field defects.
• Covers ocular fields by Humphrey field analyzer with fields in glaucoma and glaucoma progression
• Chapters include varieties of macular and retinal diseases mimicking glaucoma
• Explains correct interpretation by clinical examination /other investigations
• Discusses diagnostic dilemmas such as neuro-ophthalmic conditions which need further investigation
• Includes key points in every chapter to make the reader adept at pointing out the area of misinterpretation