Respiratory Physiotherapy: An On-Call Survival Guide is the go-to book for physiotherapy students and newly qualified physiotherapists when caring for patients with respiratory conditions or complications. The title covers all common conditions for both adults and children, in a wide range of settings and focuses on practical information that is directly and immediately applicable to patient care. The third edition is fully updated and revised, each chapter gives you access to the most up to date expertise in the field of respiratory physiotherapy. The consistent chapter layout makes it easy to identify where relevant information will be.
• Case studies that cover common emergency situations
• Self-assessment questions which offer the reader verification of their comprehension and clinical reasoning skills
• A-Z of treatment techniques
• Appendices including normal values and common drugs used in critical care areas so that essential information is always at hand
• Jane Cross, EdD, MSc, Grad Dip Phys, MCSP, Senior Lecturer in Physiotherapy, University of East Anglia, Norwich.
• Mary Ann Broad, BSc, MCSP, MSc MSc(Critical care), BSc(Physiotherapy), MCSP, Clinical Specialist Physiotherapist, Cardiff and Vale University Health Board, Cardiff, UK Clinical Specialist Physiotherapist, University Hospital of Wales, Cardiff.
• Matthew Quint, Grad Dip Phys, MCSP, MPhil, Respiratory Clinical Specialist, Portsmouth Hospitals NHS trust, Portsmouth, UK.
• Paul Ritson, MCSP, Grad Dip Phys, Clinical Specialist Physiotherapist in Paediatric Intensive Care, Alder Hey Children’s NHS Foundation Trust, Liverpool, UK .
• Sandy Thomas, MEd, Cert Ed, MCSP, Dip TP, Senior Lecturer, University of the West of England, Bristol, UK