Long recognized as the leading text in this dynamic field, Rogers’ Textbook of Pediatric Intensive Care provides comprehensive, clear explanations of both the principles underlying pediatric critical care disease and trauma as well as how these principles are applied. Led by Drs. Donald H. Shaffner, John J. McCloskey, Elizabeth A. Hunt, and Robert C. Tasker, along with a team of 27 section editors as well as more than 250 expert global contributors, the fully revised Sixth Edition brings you completely up to date on today’s understanding, treatments, technologies, and outcomes regarding critical illness in children.
• Contains 120 up-to-date chapters covering everything from hematologic/oncologic disorders to mass casualty incidents to PICU organization and physical design
• Keeps you current with the latest evidence and practices, including recent advances in electronic monitoring, education, and pandemic management
• Includes Key Points at the beginning of each chapter along with associated numbered margin icons throughout correlating pertinent sections so you can find what you need, quickly margin icons so you can find what you need quickly
• Features a vibrant, full-color layout that enhances visual appeal and makes the text easier to navigate
• Highlights best available evidence for each topic, helping you quickly locate and evaluate significant data
• Provides an online appendix, available via the eBook that accompanies this text, of critical care equations for quick reference of essential information
Enrich Your eBook Reading Experience
• Read directly on your preferred device(s), such as computer, tablet, or smartphone.
• Easily convert to audiobook, powering your content with natural language text-to-speech.