This clinically oriented book provides a comprehensive update on the biology, diagnosis, and treatment of salivary gland cancer. Detailed information is presented on molecular characterization and radiological staging, and a series of treatment-related chapters describe the different surgical approaches to major and minor salivary gland cancer, including reconstructive surgery techniques, and the roles of radiotherapy and heavy ion therapy. Rehabilitation, follow-up, and the management of metastatic disease are also fully discussed. The aim is to equip the reader with the knowledge required to deliver appropriate tailored treatment in each patient, based on tumor characteristics and other pertinent factors. An additional feature is the inclusion of information on advocacy groups and their perspectives. All of the chapters are written by leading specialists in the field. In presenting the most recent advances and innovations in diagnosis and therapy and relating them to individualized treatment, this book will appeal to a wide audience including otorhinolaryngologists, head and neck surgeons, maxillofacial surgeons, radiation oncologists, and other clinicians.
• Describes the most recent advances in the field
• Equips the reader to make appropriate choices in tailoring treatment
• Written by leading specialists with international reputations
• Lisa Licitra is board-certified in oncologist, specialized in treatment of head and neck cancers, Head of the Head and Neck Cancer Medical Oncology Unit at the Istituto Nazionale Tumori in Milan, Italy and free-contract Professor at University of Milan. Editor for JCO, editor of START project, reviewer of the PDQ Summaries, EORTC Board Member and former Elected Chair, co-founder and member of IGEO and EHNCS, member of The Educational Committee and Chair of the Head and Neck Faculty of ESMO, ESTRO, ASCO, AIOM member.
• Laura D.Locati is board-certified in oncologist, specialized in treatment of head and neck cancers. PhD in cellular and molecular oncopathology, she is full assistant physician in the Head and Neck Cancer Medical Oncology Unit at the Istituto Nazionale Tumori in Milan, Italy. She is member of several scientific societies as ESMO, ATA, EORTC and AIOM.