This thoroughly updated 4th Edition of this highly regarded text continues to provide the latest therapeutic and surgical information on nail disease and disorders. It expands and updates all areas of onychology, including the newest in diagnostic techniques for nail diseases, a segment of dermatology that not only proves more difficult than cutaneous disorders but also is an exciting and innovative area on the frontier of skin research.
Scher and Daniel's Nails: Diagnosis, Surgery, Therapy provides an update of therapeutic advances to help the resident, practitioner, and related healthcare provider (podiatrist, nurse, primary care physician, and all involved in nail care). A major section is devoted to nail surgery and nail pathology, both of which have been behind compared to other aspects of dermatology. There is also extensive information on the billion dollar nail cosmetics industry, which will bring this text to the attention of all nail technicians (several hundred thousand in the US alone) as well as to cosmeticians and manufacturers.
• Provides the most reliable and comprehensive text presently available on the latest therapeutic and surgical knowledge for nails
• Covers the diagnosis and treatment of onycholysis and chronic paronychia
• Features numerous informative instructional figures and videos on relevant techniques
• Dr. Scher is a leading expert in nail disorders, including fungal diseases, and nail surgery. He is interested in clinical research, and has established nail clinics at NYU, Brown, Columbia University, and University of North Carolina. Additionally, he is a former President of the American Academy of Dermatology. Dr. Scher received his medical education at Howard University College of Medicine, and trained as a resident in dermatology at New York University.
• C. Ralph Daniel, III, M.D. has been in private practice and a member of the clinical staff at the University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson, MS, where he has also held the position of Clinical Professor of Medicine (Dermatology) at that institution from 1991. As of 2005, Dr. Daniel has also served as Clinical Associate Professor of Dermatology at the University of Alabama, Birmingham. Dr. Daniel has served in numerous leadership positions in the American Academy of Dermatology, including as a member of the editorial board of the Journal of the AAD and the Bioterrorism Task Force. Dr. Daniel is author or co-author of over 100 publications, among which are dermatology texts, book chapters and articles. Dr. Daniel holds an M.D. from the University of Mississippi.
• Adam I. Rubin, MD is Assistant Professor of Dermatology, Assistant Professor of Dermatology in Pediatrics and Assistant Professor of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania. He holds memberships of American Academy of Dermatology, Council for Nail Disorders, European Nail Society, Society for Pediatric Dermatology, American Medical Association, The American Society of Dermatopathology and The International Society of Dermatopathology.