1. Benign Effusions
2. Lung Carcinoma
3. Ovarian Cancer
4. Breast Carcinoma
5. Malignant Mesothelioma
6. Hematologic and Lymphoid Neoplasia
7. Cancer of Other Origin
8. Lung Cancer
9. Ovarian Cancer
10. Breast Cancer
11. Malignant Mesothelioma
12. Cancer of Other Origin
This revised and updated second edition contains multiple microscopic illustrations of all diagnostic entities and ancillary techniques, providing a comprehensive, authoritative guide to all aspects of serous effusions. It now includes the many new antibodies which have been tested since the previous edition, as well as a discussion on next-generation sequencing and molecularly targeted therapy.
Section one covers diagnosis for benign and malignant effusions while section two discusses biology, therapy, and prognosis highlighting clinical approaches that may be of value.
Serous Effusions provides an indispensable guide to all aspects of current practice for cytopathologists, cytotechnicians, pathologists, clinicians and researchers in training and practice.
• Lists the etiological reasons for the accumulation of effusions, providing the reader with the full spectrum of differential diagnoses at this anatomic site
• Includes illustrations of immunohistochemistry and molecular methods to help the reader in diagnosing effusion specimens
• Written by experts in the field internationally
• Ben Davidson has been working as a physician at the Department of Pathology, Norwegian Radium Hospital, Oslo University Hospital, since 1998 and defended his PhD thesis there in 2001. He is a specialist in pathology since 2001 and has sub-specialty in cytopathology and gynecologic pathology. He is currently head of Gynecologic Pathology at Oslo University Hospital and Professor at the University of Oslo. He has published 290 papers in international peer-reviewed journals, edited a book on serous effusions and authored several book chapters, and has been invited speaker to over 30 international meetings.
• Pinar Firat is Turkish, and works as a pathologist at Istanbul University, Turkey. She previously worked at Hacettepe University, Turkey. She has a special interest in serous effusions.
• Claire W. Michael is a pathologist at Case Western Reserve University/University Hospitals Case Medical Center, Cleveland, Ohio. She previously worked at The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, USA. She also has a special interest in serous effusions.