• Medico-legal Issues.
• Evidence Base for Injections.
• The Shoulder.
• The Wrist and Hand.
• The Elbow.
• Conditions Around the Hip and Thigh.
• The Knee Joint.
• The Ankle and Foot.
• The Spine.
• Musculoskeletal Imaging and Therapeutic Options in Soft Tissue Disorders.
• The Challenge of Recognising & Managing Inflammatory Arthritis.
• Sports Physiotherapy.
• Health Economics and Injections.
This is a comprehensive guide to diagnosing conditions and the benefits (and potential pitfalls) of steroid injections, used by an increasing range of practitioners. It looks at all the practical skills as well as general information, medico-legal issues and clinical errors to avoid. This Sixth Edition has been completely updated and expanded, with two new chapters on the evidence base and inflammatory arthopathy. Updated physiotherapy assessment and treatment options are now incorporated within the chapters on joint injections. The book describes, step-by-step, the required skills for each procedure using full-colour photographs and explanatory illustrations. It provides every practitioner with the knowledge needed to inject with confidence.
• Concise and practical, accessibly pitched at a broad range of practitioners including GPs
• High quality four-colour illustrations throughout
• Completely updated to meet the most recent guidelines and evidence base
• Four brand new chapters
• Stays faithful to Trevor Silver's original editions in aims, pitch and content, disseminating his comprehensive knowledge of anatomy and procedures
Dr David Silver studied Medicine at St Bartholomew’s Hospital and after gaining FRCP trained in Bristol in Radiology before undertaking a Fellowship in Brisbane. He has been a Consultant in Exeter since 1997 and has established a comprehensive MSK diagnostic and interventional service in association with the renowned Orthopaedic centre being one of the first NHS services to introduce MSK ultrasound and guided injections.
He developed one of the first NHS centres for Shockwave therapy and has been a Specialist Adviser to NICE for over 12 years.
He has been an Executive Officer, Secretary and currently President of the British Society of Skeletal Radiologists and has advised the Department of Health on imaging issues including the 18 weeks pathway and been a member of the National Imaging Board.
He was a member of the Imaging Committee for the 2012 Olympic Games and was a volunteer at the games providing MSK imaging and intervention.
He has provided specialist imaging and interventional advice for Exeter City Football Club and Somerset Cricket Club for many years.