• Principles of forensic practice.
• The ethics of medical practice.
• Medicolegal aspects of death.
• Violence in society, medicolegal investigation of death and the autopsy.
• The appearance of the body after death.
• Death from natural causes.
• Deaths and injury in infancy.
• Assessment, classification and documentation of injury.
• Ballistic injuries.
• Regional injuries and patterns of injury.
• Pressure to the neck and asphyxia deaths.
• Heat, cold and electrical trauma.
• Immersion and drowning.
• Identification of the living and the dead.
• Restraint and control techniques.
• Police custodial healthcare.
• Sexual assault, genitoanal injury and female genital mutilation.
• Safeguarding and protection of children and vulnerable adults.
• Transportation medicine.
• Torture and cruel, inhuman and degrading treatment.
• Principles of forensic science and crime scene investigation.
• Principles of toxicology.
• Licit and illicit drugs.
• Medicinal poisons.
• Miscellaneous poisons.
Prestigious and authoritative, this fully updated fourteenth edition of Simpson's Forensic Medicine remains a classic; one of the world's leading introductory texts in the field of forensic medicine. It presents all that the generalist or student needs to know about the interface between medicine and the law.
Professor Jason Payne-James, LLM, MSc, FFFLM, FRCS, FRCP, FCSFS, RCPathME, FFCFM(RCPA), DFM, LBIPP, Mediator
Specialist in Forensic & Legal Medicine & Consultant Forensic Physician
Honorary Clinical Professor, William Harvey Research Institute Queen Mary University of London
Consultant Editor-in-Chief, Journal of Forensic & Legal Medicine
Lead Medical Examiner, Norfolk & Norwich Hospital University NHS Trust, Norwich
Director, Forensic Health Services Ltd, Southminster, United Kingdom
Richard Jones, BSc(Hons), MBBS, PgCUTL, FRCPath, FHEA,
MCIEH, MFFLM, MRSPH
Clinical Senior Lecturer in Forensic Pathology
Wales Institute of Forensic Medicine
Cardiff University School of Medicine
College of Biomedical and Life Sciences, Cardiff
Home Office-Registered Forensic Pathologist,
Honorary Consultant Forensic Pathologist Cardiff and Vale University Health Board, Cardiff, United Kingdom