Small’s Practical Guide to Botulinum Toxin Procedures, Second Edition, is the highly anticipated revision of the best-selling step-by-step guide to performing minimally invasive botulinum toxin procedures. With over four hundred 5-star reviews online, the First Edition established itself as the go-to resource for providers looking to enhance their practice by performing medical aesthetic procedures.
In the Second Edition, insights from Dr. Small’s additional 10 years of clinical practice, research, and teaching create an even more valuable resource, whether you are new to aesthetic medicine or an experienced practitioner. Small’s Practical Guide provides you with the latest information and techniques, best practices for risk reduction, and expert guidance for optimal results.
• Up-to-Date Knowledge: Stay informed on the newest products and high-dose toxins, along with new chapters on advanced procedures such as masseter, Nefertiti lift, necklace lines, chest lines, and nasal tip elevation. Learn how to treat multiple areas in one visit for the best effects and how to combine toxin with other medical aesthetic procedures.
• Illustrated Photographs and Procedural Guidance: Patient photos overlayed with anatomically precise artwork and Safety Zones along with detailed instructions minimize complications and improve results.
• Enhanced Learning Experience: New instructional videos of Dr. Small demonstrating key techniques refine your skills and move you from classroom to practice faster.
• Quick Reference Tools: Quick Guides to Dosing for all procedures, Overview Illustrations for injection location and dose for each treatment area, Concise Technique Instruction, as well as Summary Tables for injection volumes save valuable clinic time.
• Real-Life Application: Over 20 patient cases and guidance on cultural, generational, and gender preferences provide invaluable insight into treating diverse patient populations.
• Patient-Centered Approach: Updated comprehensive patient assessment, follow-up care, and complication management strategies to ensure the best procedure experience for your patients—plus discussion on achieving a natural pattern of aging and facial harmony.