Thoroughly updated with the latest evidence-based information for nursing diagnoses, Sparks and Taylor’s Nursing Diagnosis
Reference Manual, 11th Edition, provides fast, efficient access to clearly written, comprehensive information about the NANDA-I
Nursing Diagnoses to help nursing students and practicing nurses meet the healthcare needs of patients.Each of these 244
comprehensive monographs reflects the nursing process and the expertise of leading nursing clinicians, educators and researchers
to instill clinical confidence in any care setting.
Units are now alphabetically organized for easy reference. This edition adds 17 new nursing diagnoses, updated information for 72
nursing diagnoses and updated definitions and content meeting the 2018–2020 NANDA-I standards, as well as an updated feature
highlighting interventions that meet the Quality and Safety Education for Nurses (QSEN) criteria for patient-centered care or safe
• UPDATED! 2018-2020 NANDA-I diagnosis and standards, Nursing Interventions Classification (NIC) and Nursing Outcomes Classification (NOC) labels incorporated throughout reinforce clinical confidence and quality of care.
• NEW! 17 new diagnoses keep students on the cutting edge of nursing practice.
• UPDATED! QSENcompetency icons throughout reinforce important considerations for safe care.
• UPDATED! Alphabetical organization helps students find diagnosis information quickly and easily.
• Selected Nursing Diagnoses by Medical Diagnosis (Appendix I) delivers clearly written, authoritative care plans for every stage in the life cycle.
• Related Factors sections strengthen students’ diagnostic capabilities.
• Quick Reference tables list diagnoses by life stages for access at a glance.