CHAPTER 1. Introduction (Pages: 1-12)
CHAPTER 2. Dealing with Dental Trauma: The Adult Athlete (Pages: 13-27)
CHAPTER 3. Dealing with Sporting Dental Trauma in Paediatric Patients (Pages: 29-40)
CHAPTER 4. Restoration of Teeth Damaged by Trauma (Pages: 41-56)
CHAPTER 5. Dealing with Endodontic Problems Following Sporting Trauma (Pages: 57-84)
CHAPTER 6. Dealing with Tooth Wear in Athletes (Pages: 85-102)
CHAPTER 7. Prevention of Sporting Dental Injuries (Pages: 103-119)
CHAPTER 8. The Role of Nutrition in Sport: Current Sports Nutrition Advice (Pages: 121-138)
CHAPTER 9. Oral Health, the Elite Athlete, and Performance (Pages: 139-157)
CHAPTER 10. Screening for Dental Disease Amongst Elite Athletes (Pages: 159-189)
CHAPTER 11. Delivering Dental Facilities at Sporting Events (Pages: 191-207)
Sports Dentistry: Principles and Practice is a comprehensive resource that addresses all aspects of this burgeoning field of dentistry.
• Provides a comprehensive manual that covers the fundamental principles and practice of sports dentistry
• Addresses all aspects of sports dentistry, including treatment of injuries, preventative measures, oral health and marketing and practice management
• Offers information on providing dental facilities at sporting arenas
• Presents suggestions for treating young children and the specific issues they present
• Includes a companion website with illustrative case studies
• Peter D. Fine, BDS, PhD, is Director of the UCL Eastman Dental Institute, Sports Dentistry Programme in London, UK.
• Chris Louca, BDS, PhD, BSc, AKC, is Director and Head of School at the University of Portsmouth Dental Academy in Portsmouth, UK.
• Albert Leung, BDS, LLM, MA, FGDSRCSI, is Director of the UCL Eastman Dental Institute, Department of Continuing Professional Development in London, UK, and Vice Dean of the Faculty of Dentistry, Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland.