• Clinical Anatomy of the Elbow
• Imaging of the Elbow
• Biomechanics of the Elbow Joint
• Elbow Injuries in the Throwing Athlete
• Posterolateral Rotatory Instability of the Elbow
• Osteochondritis Dissecans of the Elbow
• The Stiff Painful Elbow in the Athlete
• Tendon Injuries around the Elbow
• Myofascial Syndromes
uThis book provides a concise guide to the diagnosis, investigations, surgical principles and post-operative rehabilitation to sports injuries of the elbow. It features guidance on best practice and information on the appropriate use of the latest diagnostic and therapeutic techniques. Injuries seen in athletes who participate in overhead and contact sports are discussed along with a range of other injury types. Relevant concepts in applied biomechanics and information on sport-specific rehabilitation are also covered enabling the reader to develop a deep understanding of how to develop appropriate treatment plans tailored to individual needs.
Sports Injuries of the Elbow comprehensively covers the diagnosis and treatment of patients with elbow injuries acquired during sporting activities, and is an indispensable resource for all medical professionals seeking an up-to-date reference on how to diagnose and treat a range of sports injuries that affect the elbow.