Filled with pearls and wisdom from experts in the field, Staying Out of Trouble in Pediatric Orthopaedics, 2nd Edition, is a concise, easy-to-read guide to managing difficult orthopaedic problems in children. This high-yield, highly illustrated reference provides practical advice on how to deal with commonly seen issues as well as those that are less common but that pose grave threats to the patient. Focusing on preventing problems and avoiding serious complications and prepared by editors, authors, and gurus with more than 1000 years of combined experience in pediatric orthopaedics, this title is an invaluable resource for pediatric orthopaedic surgery fellows and all orthopaedists who care for children.
• Offers operative and nonoperative advice for avoiding pitfalls in diagnosing and treating the full range of musculoskeletal disorders, including trauma, bone and soft tissue tumors, skeletal dysplasias, neuromuscular conditions, congenital syndromes, and conditions of the spine, hip, leg, and foot.
• Includes outstanding chapters on the orthopaedic exam, dealing with families, newborn orthopaedics, pediatric athletes, infections, scoliosis, cerebral palsy, and bowlegs and turned-in feet, as well as band new chapters on casting methods, spine trauma, early-onset scoliosis, and leadership.
• Features hundreds of sidebar “guru” and editor comments from more than 35 experts in each chapter’s topic, who present their personal tips and insights for handling children’s special needs.
Enrich Your eBook Reading Experience
• Read directly on your preferred device(s), such as computer, tablet, or smartphone.
• Easily convert to audiobook, powering your content with natural language text-to-speech.