Stereotactic Radiosurgery and Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy (SBRT) is a comprehensive guide for the practicing physician and medical physicist in the management of complex intracranial and extracranial disease. It is a state-of-the-science book presenting the scientific principles, clinical background and procedures, treatment planning, and treatment delivery of SRS and SBRT for the treatment of tumors throughout the body. This unique textbook is enhanced with supplemental video tutorials inclusive to the resource.
Beginning with an overview of SRS and SBRT, Part One contains insightful coverage on topics such as the evolving radiobiological principles that govern treatment, imaging, the treatment planning process, and technologies and equipment used, as well as focused chapters on quality assurance, quality management, and patient safety. Part Two contains the clinical application of SRS and SBRT for tumors throughout the body including those in the brain, head and neck, lung, pancreas, adrenal glands, liver, prostate, cervix, spine, and in oligometastatic disease. Each clinical chapter includes an introduction to the disease site, followed by a thorough review of all indications and exclusion criteria, in addition to the important considerations for patient selection, treatment planning and delivery, and outcome evaluation. These chapters conclude with a detailed and site-specific dose constraints table for critical structures and their suggested dose limits.
International experts on the science and clinical applications of these treatments have joined together to assemble this must-have book for clinicians, physicists, and other radiation therapy practitioners. It provides a team-based approach to SRS and SBRT coupled with case-based video tutorials in disease management, making this a unique companion for the busy radiosurgical team.
• Highlights the principles of radiobiology and radiation physics underlying SRS and SBRT
• Presents and discusses the expected patient outcomes for each indicated disease site and condition including a detailed analysis of Quality of Life (QOL) and Survival
• Includes the most up-to-date information about technologies used for the treatment of SRS and SBRT
• Richly illustrated with over 110 color images of the equipment, process flow diagrams and procedures, treatment planning techniques and dose distributions
• 8 high-quality videos
• Dose constraint tables at the end of each clinical chapter listing critical structures and their appropriate dose limits
• Includes access to the fully-searchable downloadable eBook