STOCKER, J.; HUSAIN, A.; DEHNER, L.
• Section I General Pathology
Chapter 1A Pediatric Autopsy 1
Chapter 1B Fine-Needle Aspiration 20
Chapter 1C Molecular Techniques in Pediatric Pathology 23
Chapter 1D Electron Microscopy 53
Chapter 2 First and Second Trimester Pregnancy Loss 62
Chapter 3 Chromosomal Abnormalities 80
Chapter 4 Congenital Anomalies and Malformation Syndromes 111
Chapter 5 Inborn Errors of Metabolism 147
Chapter 6 Congenital and Acquired Systemic Infectious Diseases 207
Chapter 7 Pediatric Forensic Pathology 276
Chapter 8 Transplant Pathology 311
• Section II Organ System Pathology
Chapter 9 Placenta 347
Chapter 10 Nervous System 373
Chapter 11 Eye 442
Chapter 12 Respiratory Tract 476
Chapter 13 Cardiovascular System 564
Chapter 14 Gastrointestinal Tract 430
Chapter 15 Liver, Gallbladder, and Biliary Tract 712
Chapter 16 Pancreas 811
Chapter 17 Kidney and Lower Urinary Tract 848
Chapter 18 Female Reproductive System 925
Chapter 19 Male Reproductive System, Including Intersex Disorders 957
Chapter 20 Breast 990
Chapter 21 Pineal, Pituitary, Parathyroid, Thyroid, and Adrenal Glands 1013
Chapter 22 Oral, Maxillofacial, Head and Neck Pathology in Pediatrics 1085
Chapter 23 Lymph Nodes, Spleen, and Thymus 1128
Chapter 24 Bone Marrow 1165
Brooj Abro, Hina Naushad Qureishi, and Anjum Hassan
Chapter 25 Soft Tissue 1198
Chapter 26 Skin 1303
Chapter 27 Neuromuscular Diseases 1361
Chapter 28 Skeletal System 1400
List of Appendices 1501
Selected as a Doody's Core Title for 2021!
Virtually all aspects of the pathology in children are unique in pathogenesis and histogenesis from the moment of conception to adolescence whose range includes developmental anomalies to dysembryonic neoplasms. Stocker and Dehner’s Pediatric Pathology provides encyclopedic but very usable coverage of this complex subspecialty, detailing all major aspects of the pathologic anatomy of childhood disorders ranging from chromosomal syndromes and infections to forensic pathology. Upholding the standard of excellence established in previous editions, this thoroughly updated Fifth Edition offers the in-depth, richly illustrated guidance you need to confidently evaluate and dependably report your findings.
• Contains extensive updates throughout, including advances in diagnosis and targeted therapy, molecular and genetic findings, prognostic indicators, and clinically relevant discoveries.
• Focuses on key pathologic findings as well as the latest molecular genetic tools and the role that these findings play in pathologic diagnosis.
• Provides authoritative answers on everything from how to perform a pediatric autopsy or apply the latest molecular techniques, to diagnosing chromosomal abnormalities, congenital anomalies and malformation syndromes, inborn errors of metabolism, and congenital and acquired systemic infectious diseases; from how to approach forensic pathology and transplant pathology, to evaluating the pathologies of each organ system and pediatric tumors with the latest in staging and risk assessment.
• Offers quick access to essential data with 50 appendices containing multiple charts and tables in the areas of Growth and Development, Organ Weights and Body Measurements, and Placenta.
• Features an intuitive organization by disease classification and organ system, highlighted by more than 1,400 gross and microscopic images, including 1,200 in full color.
Enrich Your eBook Reading Experience
• Read directly on your preferred device(s), such as computer, tablet, or smartphone.
• Easily convert to audiobook, powering your content with natural language text-to-speech.