1. Anatomy and Physiology of the Suprachoroidal Space
2. Imaging the Suprachoroidal Space
3. Suprachoroidal Haemorrhage
4. Choroidal Detachment
5. Suprachoroidal Space and Glaucoma
6. Suprachoroidal Buckling for Peripheral Retinal Breaks
7. Suprachoroidal Buckling for Myopic Macular Holes
8. Suprachoroidal Drug Delivery
9. Suprachoroidal Delivery of Subretinal Gene and Cell Therapy
10. The Development of a Suprachoroidal Retinal Prosthesis
This book provides a practical overview of pathology and interventions in the suprachoroidal space of the eye. Concise and well-structured chapters examine anatomy, physiology and pathophysiology, suprachoroidal haemorrhage, choroidal effusions and ocular hypotony management, imaging, suprachoroidal buckling for retinal detachment, drug delivery, suprachoroidal glaucoma devices, subretinal gene therapy and suprachoroidal retinal implant.
Suprachoroidal Space Interventions meets the need for a book that improves awareness of established and novel interventions in the suprachoroidal space, particularly as it has been increasingly recognised as a potential space for glaucoma surgery, drug deliveries and retinal surgery. Ophthalmologists and scientists with an interest in glaucoma and retinal surgery will find the book to be an easy to use reference tool for a rapidly developing area of ophthalmology that can be applied in modern clinical practice.
• Provides a comprehensive overview of treatment options in the suprachoroidal space
• Examines new and novel techniques in this growing area of clinical interest
• Logically organised with didactic information for easy reference by busy clinicians