1. Overview of Recurrence of Soft Tissue Sarcoma (STS)
2. Principles of Surgical Treatment of RSTS
3. Barrier Resection
4. Simple Coverage and Closure of Wound
5. Special Relationship Between Muscle and Soft Tissue Sarcoma (STS)
6. RSTS Complicated with Bone Invasion
7. Tumor Bed Resection
8. Complications Requiring Surgical Intervention
9. Surgical Treatment of RSTS in the Clavicular-Thoracic-Axillary Area
10. Surgical Treatment of RSTS of the Dorsal Scapula-Upper Arm
11. Surgical Treatment of RSTS in the Lower Abdominal Wall-Perineum, Iliac-Pelvic, Gluteal, and Inguinal Region
12. Surgical Treatment of Thigh RSTS
13. Surgical Treatment of RSTS Around the Knee and in the Proximal Segment of the Lower Leg
14. Surgical Treatment of Foot, Ankle and Lower Leg RSTS
15. Surgical Treatment of RSTS in Forearm and Elbow Area
16. Surgical Treatment of RSTS on the Wrist-Palmar-Dorsum of the Hand
This book addresses surgical management for recurrent soft tissue sarcomas (RSTS) based on a wealth of clinical cases. With aim to reduce recurrence rate, a surgical strategy of barrier resection plus repair reconstruction referring to natural barriers in human body for enhancing curative effect is presented in details.
The first part introduces the general theory of surgical treatment for RSTS. The second part is a portfolio of clinical cases, showing the essential of the surgical strategy from hundreds of cases with tumour of different anatomical sites. Each case report is composed of detailed medical history, radiographic images and operational photos. It will help readers to make proper decisions on the basis of specific purposes. This book will be of benefit to oncologists, orthopaedic surgeons, general surgeon, plastic surgeons, and medical students.
• Presents strategy of barrier resection and reconstruction for enhancing curative effect
• Illustrates surgical procedure with detailed medical history
• Discusses surgical management case by case with site-specific illustrations
Ruming Zhang is a professor at the Department of Musculoskeletal Tumour Surgery, Shanghai Cancer Center, Fudan University, Shanghai, China.