1. SYSTEMIC SCLEROSIS: AN OVERVIEW
3. CLASSIFICATION AND CLINICAL FEATURES
4. INVESTIGATIONS & DIAGNOSIS
5. DIFFERENITIAL DIAGNOSES OF SYSTEMIC SCLEROSIS
6. MANAGEMENT OF SCLERODERMA
7. SCLERODERMA OVERLAP SYNDROMES
This book presents a wide variety of cutaneous features of systemic sclerosis under one cover as cutaneous manifestations are often the first to appear and help in diagnosing this condition early. It has a multidisciplinary approach as systemic sclerosis is a multi-system disorder which comes under the purview of various medical specialties like dermatology, rheumatology and nephrology. Numerous cutaneous features are illustrated with explanatory notes. This book would help the students, teachers and professionals in identification, followed by subsequent treatment and management at an early stage.
• Focuses exclusively on systemic sclerosis
• Includes diagnostic tips
• Explores systemic sclerosis in dark skinned people
• Consists of key points at the end of each chapter
• Discusses diagnostic algorithms and flow charts
• Dr. Aparna Palit, MD (Dermatology, Venereology, and Leprology) has done her postgraduate residency at the Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER), Chandigarh, India. Currently, she is professor and head of the Department of Dermatology & Venereology AIIMS, Bhubaneshwar, Odisha, India.
Dr. Palit has more than 100 publications to her credit. She has edited six books and written about 40 chapters in the textbooks of the speciality. She was assistant editor of the Indian Journal of Dermatology, Venereology & Leprology (2014•2016). She has been a reviewer of various journals: Leprosy Review, British Journal of Dermatology, Indian Journal of Dermatology, Venereology & Leprosy, Indian Journal of Pediatric Dermatology, Indian Journal of Dermatology, Indian Journal of Sexually Transmitted Diseases and Pigment International.
She has been awarded with the Professor L.K. Bhutani Memorial Award for Teaching and Research in 2012, and she is the recipient of the Professor R. Shivkumar & K. Rajendran Oration, IADVL-KN, 2016.
Her areas of interest include leprosy, pediatric dermatology, and collagen vascular disorders.
• Arun C. Inamadar, MD, DVD, FRCP (Edinburgh) is professor and head of the Department of Dermatology, Shri BM Patil Medical College, Hospital and Research Center, BLDE University, Vijayapur, Karnataka, India.
He is a dedicated academician with more than 150 published articles; he has contributed more than 50 chapters in various textbooks and edited eight books in Dermatology. He has presented papers and delivered guest talks in several national and international scientific meets.
His path-finding work on cutaneous manifestations of “Chikungunya fever” and detailed review on the concept of “acute skin failure” is well-known in global dermatology literature. His contribution to the development of the pediatric dermatology subspecialty in India is acknowledged.
Dr. Inamadar has served as vice president of the Indian Association of Dermatology, Venereology, and Leprology (IADVL) and as the chairperson of IADVL Academy of Dermatology. He is a fellow of the Royal College of Physicians (FRCP) from Edinburgh, UK. He has been awarded the WHO fellowship in HIV/AIDS (USA), IADVL-Glaxo- SmithKline Oration (2009), and the Professor L.K. Bhutani Memorial Award for Teaching and Research (2011).
He has served as associate editor at the Indian Dermatology Online Journal (2011•2012) and member of the editorial board of IJDVL. Currently, he is the section editor (Geno-trichology) of International Journal of Trichology, co•editor of the IADVL Textbook of Dermatology (4th Edition), member of the editorial board of the Indian Journal of Pediatric Dermatology (IJPD), member of the editorial board, IJPD, Indian Journal of Study of Sexually Transmitted Diseases, Indian Journal of Drugs in Dermatology, and chief editor of Clinical Dermatology Review.
His areas of interest include clinical/medical dermatology, pediatric dermatology, and critical care in dermatology.