1. Updated guidelines for setting up an assisted reproduction technology laboratory - Jacques Cohen, Mina Alikani, and Antonia Gilligan.
2. Quality control maintaining stability in the laboratory - Ronny Janssens, Neelke De Munck, and Johan Guns.
3. KPIs for the IVF laboratory - Alison Campbell.
4. QC in the Clouds-Digitizing quality control - Giles Anthony Palmer.
5. The assisted reproduction technology laboratory: Current standards - Cecilia Sjöblom.
6. Evaluation of sperm - Chelsey A. Leisinger, Kaylen M. Silverberg, and Matthew D. Vermilyea.
7. Sperm preparation techniques and advanced sperm selection for intracytoplasmic sperm injection - Sinan Ozkavukcu, George Hughes, and Christopher L R Barratt.
8. Sperm chromatin assessment - Ashok Agarwal and Rakesh Sharma.
9. Oocyte retrieval and selection - Laura Rienzi, Rosaria Gentile, Federica Innocenti, Danilo Cimadomo, Alberto Vaiarelli, and Filippo Maria Ubaldi.
10. Preparation and evaluation of oocytes for intracytoplasmic sperm injection - Irit Granot and Nava Dekel.
11. Use of IVM in a clinical setting: What is its role in ART? - Tuong M Ho and Lan N Vuong.
12. Intracytoplasmic sperm injection: Technical aspects - Sydney Souness, Philip Xie, Stephanie Cheung, Olena M. Kocur, Carina Sung, Zev Rosenwaks, and Gianpiero D. Palermo.
13. Human embryo biopsy procedures - Maurizio Poli, Ludovica Picchetta, and Antonio Capalbo.
14. Analysis of fertilization - Thomas Ebner.
15. Culture Systems for the Human Embryo - David K. Gardner.
16. Embryo selection through the analysis of morphology and physiology - Denny Sakkas and David K. Gardner.
17. Evaluation of embryo quality: Time-lapse imaging to assess embryo morphokinesis - Akhil Garg, María Ángeles Valera, and Marcos Meseguer.
18. Artificial Intelligence (AI) - Daniella Gilboa.
19. AI in Gamete and Embryo Selection - Peter He, Neringa Karpaviciute, Cristina Hickman, and Nikica Zaninovic.
20. Demystifying vitrification - Debra A. Gook and Kelly Lewis.
21. Vitrification of the Human Oocyte - Masashige Kuwayama.
22. The human embryo: vitrification - Zsolt Peter Nagy and Ching-Chien Chang.
23. Managing an oocyte bank - Ana Cobo, Pilar Alamá, José María de los Santos, María José de los Santos, and José Remohí.
24. Severe male factor infertility: Genetic consequences and recommendations for genetic testing - Katrien Stouffs.
25. Preimplantation genetic testing for aneuploidy to improve clinical outcomes - Jenna S. Hynes, Eric J. Forman, and Alan H. Handyside.
26. Diagnosis of endometrial receptivity, embryo–endometrial dialog, and endometrial microbiome - Maria Ruiz-Alonso, Inmaculada Moreno, Felip Vilella and Carlos Simon.
27. Artificial Gametes: Oocytes - Evelyn E Telfer and Yvonne L Odey.
28. How microfluidics and microfabrication will improve diagnosis and treatment in Human ART - Dale M. Goss, Steven A. Vasilescu, Majid E. Warkiani, Jeremy G. Thompson and David K. Gardner.
29. Genome Editing in Human Reproduction - Helen C.O’Neill.
30. Designing Disaster Plans for IVF Laboratories - Kimball O. Pomeroy and Michael L. Reed.
31. Early human embryo development revealed by static imaging - Yanina D. Alvarez and Melanie D. White
Established as a definitive reference for the IVF laboratory and clinic, the sixth edition has been extensively revised, with the addition of several important new contributions on clinical topics, including Artificial Intelligence, gene editing, disaster management, freeze-all cycles, immunology, and transgender considerations. As previously, methods, protocols, and techniques of choice are presented by IVF pioneers and eminent international experts. *Gives both laboratory staff and clinicians a comprehensive resource for problems arising in Reproductive Medicine *Draws on international expertise for practice and guidelines *Presents a new edition of the pre-eminent reference text in laboratory and clinical aspects of Reproductive Medicine
• David K. Gardner AM, FAA, DPhil is the Scientific Director of Melbourne IVF, and a Distinguished Professor in the School of BioSciences at the University of Melbourne, Australia.
• Ariel Weissman MD is a Senior Physician at the IVF Unit, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Edith Wolfson Medical Center, Holon, and a full Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology at the Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel.
• Colin M. Howles PhD, FRSM is based at Aries Consulting SARL, Geneva, Switzerland, and is an Honorary Fellow, University of Edinburgh, UK.
• Zeev Shoham MD is a Professor at the Hebrew University, Jerusalem, Israel, a consultant in IVF, and co-founder of IVF-Worldwide.