A comprehensive text on female sexual function and dysfunction that offers a multi-disciplinary, biopsychosocial approach to diagnosis and treatment
Textbook of Female Sexual Function and Dysfunction offers a multi-disciplinary, biopsychosocial approach and provides guidance for the safe and effective diagnosis and treatment of various sexual health issues. With contributions from an international panel of experts, the text provides the scientific basis of the clinical recommendations for dealing with problems of sexual, desire, arousal, orgasm and pain.
The text is clearly organised around the four major disease states in female sexual dysfunction (FSD) and is officially endorsed by the International Society for the Study of Women's Sexual Health (ISSWSH). The authors cover a wealth of topics such as hypoactive sexual desire disorder, psychological management of sexual disorders, anatomy and physiology of sexual dysfunction and pain and information on future developments and research. In addition, the text reviews all FDA approved medications for sexual dysfunction and contains consideration of off-label treatments for FSDs. This important text:
• Offers the only textbook to highlight female sexual dysfunction in light of recently approved FDA medications
• Contains a unique biopsychosocial approach from a collaborative team of physicians, psychologists, physical therapists as well as other sexual health professionals
• Presents a comprehensive text led by one of the foremost global experts in Women's Sexual Health, Irwin Goldstein, founder of ISSWSH, with three other past presidents and one president-elect
Written for any professional dealing with women's sexual health, Textbook of Female Sexual Function and Dysfunction offers an invaluable guide to the most safe and effective diagnosis and treatment.
• Irwin Goldstein, MD, IF, the Director of Sexual Medicine at Alvarado Hospital, Clinical Professor of Surgery at the University of California at San Diego, and Director of San Diego Sexual Medicine. He is also Editor-in Chief of Sexual Medicine Reviews, an official journal of the International Society for Sexual Medicine and the International Society for the Study of Women’s Sexual Health, San Diego, California, USA.
• Anita H. Clayton, MD, IF, David C. Wilson Professor and Chair, Department of Psychiatry and Neurobehavioral Sciences and Professor of Clinical Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Virginia School of Medicine, Charlottesville, Virginia, USA.
• Andrew T. Goldstein, MD, IF, Director of the Center for Vulvovaginal Disorders in Washington D.C and New York City, Clinical Professor, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, The George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences, Washington, DC, USA.
• Noel N. Kim, PhD, IF, Chief Scientist, Institute for Sexual Medicine, San Diego, California USA.
• Sheryl A. Kingsberg, PhD, IF, Division Chief, OB/GYN Behavioral Medicine, University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center, Professor, Reproductive Biology, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Professor, Psychiatry, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio, USA.