METELMANN, H.; VON WOEDTKE, T.; WELTMANN, K.; EMMERT, S.
• Introduction. Leap innovation in basic research for patient benefit.
• Concept. What´s this, cold physical plasma?.-How does cold plasma work in medicine?.-Landmarks to differentiate between reliable and questionable devices for application in plasma medicine.-How safe is clinical plasma medicine?.-
• The Patient's View at Basic Principles. The Patient´s View at Basic Clinical Principles.
• Treatment Tailored to Indications.-Cold plasma treatment for chronic wounds.- Cold plasma treatment for acute wounds.-Cold plasma treatment for infected wounds.-Cold plasma treatment for contaminated cancer ulcerations.-Cold plasma treatment of surgical site infections and surgical sites at risk.-Cold plasma treatment for an artificial fistula at risk.-Cold plasma treatment and aesthetic medicine .-Cold plasma treatment for dental aesthetics.
• Devices.- Basic principles and future developments in cold plasma therapy.-kINPen MED®.-PlasmaDerm® FLEX and Dress.- Steriplas® and PlasmaTact®.-Plasma care®.
• Organization.- Who belongs to a good cold plasma practice team?.-How to assure good clinical practice in cold plasma therapy?.-What are the requirements of a cold plasma medicine clinic?
This textbook addresses the growing international need for a practical manual that teaches physicians how to apply cold atmospheric pressure plasma (CAP) in the day-to-day provision of patient healthcare.
The book introduces readers to the concept of CAP, how it works, and how safe it is, before describing several diseases and other medical indications for its application. The book subsequently provides guidelines for daily clinical practice, e.g. for treating chronic wounds, decontaminating infected skin lesions, and rendering multi-resistant bacteria inert, as well as a detailed overview of plasma devices. In closing, it addresses organizational aspects, which are essential to cultivating and maintaining quality standards in the application of cold medical plasma.
This textbook offers a unique educational resource and provides relevant information on plasma medicine as an emerging multidisciplinary discipline. Practitioners will appreciate this integrated, comprehensive guide, which is also suitable for advanced students of medicine and dentistry, and for nurses serving on plasma-assisted medical teams.
• Proposes comprehensive guidelines for using cold atmospheric pressure plasma (CAP)
• Presented by authoritative experts in the field
• Enriches readers’ understanding of plasma medicine