• Emerging Findings
1. Neurobiology of Addiction: How science informs practice
2. Precision Health in Addiction: Applying pharmacogenomics to clinical practice
3. The role of Nutrition in Addiction Recovery: What we know and what we don’t
4. Electronic cigarettes - risks and trends
5. Psychoneuroendocrinology and Addiction
6. Technological Innovations in Addiction Treatment (Apps, etc..)
• Best Practices
7. State of the Art Treatment of Opioid Use Disorder
8. State of the Art Treatment of Cannabis Use Disorder
9. State of the Art Treatment of Alcohol Use Disorders (vs something on Fetal Alcohol Syndrome)
10. Applying best practice guidelines on chronic pain in clinical practice-treating patients who suffer from pain and addiction
• Treatment Challenges
11. Psychotherapy after residential treatment of addictive disorders-preventing relapse and deepening recovery
12. Challenges in the Preventon and Treatment of Substance Use Disorders among Adolescents
13. The prescription drug epidemic and the role of physicians
14. Trauma and Addiction-How to treat co-occurring PTSD and substance use disorders
15. When Food is an Addiction
16. Quality in Addiction Treatment: Measuring what matters
17. Functional Assessment and Treatment of Alcohol Use Disorders
Get a quick, expert overview of all types of addiction - from substance addictions to behavioral addictions and more. This practical resource presents a focused summary of today’s current knowledge on topics of interest to all health care professionals who work with those who suffer from this wide-ranging problem. It provides current, relevant information on emerging findings, best practices, and treatment challenges, covering a variety of assessment and treatment strategies and making it a one-stop resource for staying up to date in this critical area.
• Discusses precision health in addiction; the latest trend of electronic cigarettes; state-of-the-art treatments for opioid addiction and cannabis addiction; best practices for chronic pain; prevention among adolescents; the role of physicians in the prescription drug epidemic; and the role of integrative interventions in substance abuse treatment.
• Includes coverage of behavioral addictions such as internet, sex, and gambling; food addiction; PTSD and substance abuse disorders; preventing relapse; the neurobiology of addiction; and more.
• Consolidates today’s available information on this timely topic into one convenient resource.
• Itai Danovitch, MD, Associate Professor, Psychiatry & Behavioral Neurosciences; Chair, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Neurosciences, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, California.
• Larissa Mooney, MD, Associate Clinical Professor, UCLA Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences; Director, UCLA Addiction Medicine Clinic; Acting Chief, Greater Los Angeles VA Substance Use Disorders Section, UCLA Integrated Substance Abuse Programs, Los Angeles, California