Everything you need to know about the cardiovascular system... at a Glance!
The Cardiovascular System at a Glance is the essential reference guide to understanding all things circulatory. Concise, accessible, and highly illustrated, this latest edition presents an integrated overview of the subject, from the basics through to application. Featuring brand new content on stroke, examination and imaging, heart block and ECGs, and myopathies and channelopathies, The Cardiovascular System at a Glance goes one step further and offers new and updated clinical case studies and multiple-choice questions on a supplementary website.
• Integrates basic science and clinical topics
• Offers bite-size chapters that make topics easy to digest
• Includes coverage of anatomy and histology, blood and haemostasis, cellular physiology, form and function, regulation and integration of cardiovascular function, history, examination and investigations, pathology and therapeutics
• Filled with highly visual, colour illustrations that enhance the text and help reinforce learning
• The fifth edition of The Cardiovascular System at a Glance is an ideal resource for medical students, junior doctors, students of other health professions, and specialist cardiology nurses.
• Philip I. Aaronson, BA, PhD is Reader in Pharmacology and Therapeutics at King's College, London.
• Jeremy P. T. Ward, BSc, PhD, FPhysiol is Emeritus Professor of Physiology at King's College, London.
• Michelle J. Connolly, BSc, MBBS, PhD, MRCP is a ST6 Interventional Cardiology Fellow, St George’s Hospital, London.