1. The Basics: Skin Types, Definitions, and Differentials
2. Dermoscopy Basics
3. Diagnosing Bedside: Common Laboratory Techniques
4. An approach to Dermatopathology: Immunohistochemical and special stains
5. Dermatologic Emergencies
6. Common Skin Diseases: Quick Reference
7. Guidelines from the Academy
8. Commonly Used Drugs and Medication Guidelines
9. Pediatric Dermatology Practical Approaches and Prescribing Tips
10. Dermatologic Surgery
11. Cosmetic Pearls
Dermatology clinics are extremely fast-paced, and while the internet is useful, online resources can slow clinics down as it can often take lengthy amounts of time to obtain meaningful information. Recognizing this problem, Dr. Vashi has developed, over the course of several years, a practical guide targeted towards practicing dermatologists, resident physicians, medical students, family practitioners, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants.
The Dermatology Handbook provides clinical information and quick solutions to common problems typically faced by dermatologists in a user-friendly and meaningful way. Designed to fit into a coat pocket, the content is presented as bulleted lists, along with tables and algorithms to allow busy clinicians to find the information they need rapidly.
Featuring fill in the blank pages for users to personalize, this handbook is at once both comprehensive and succinct. Chapters include sections on the most common dermatologic complaints, differential diagnoses, laboratory techniques, dermoscopy, dermatologic emergencies, commonly used medications, pediatrics, surgery basics, and cosmetic pearls. Drug tables, guidelines, and algorithms for history taking and treatment approach also work to provide the reader with efficient usability.
• Practical guide for physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, and residents
• Provides information and solutions to common problems typically faced by clinicians in a user-friendly and meaningful way
• Content is presented as bulleted lists, along with tables and algorithms to allow busy clinicians to find the information they need rapidly
Kristin J. Holtgrew-Bohling, BS, AAS, LVT, RLATG , Instructor, Veterinary Technology Program, Vatterott College, Omaha, NE; I Neelam A. Vashi, MD. Associate Professor of Dermatology, Boston University School of Medicine. Director, Boston University Cosmetic and Laser Center. Founding Director, Boston University Center for Ethnic Skin. US Department of Veterans Affairs, Boston Health Care System. Boston, MA