The Essential Guide to Pharmacy Residency Research provides a "how to" for pharmacy residents, students, and practitioners who want to understand how research is actually conducted.
This book is designed to walk readers through the natural progression of a research project and can be especially helpful for those who don't know where to begin. Each step in the research process is explained using a practical approach, with helpful tips and key takeaways to consider through each phase of the project.
Organized as a concise framework, this valuable resource provides guidance on:
• Developing a research question and selecting a study design.
• Submitting an Institutional Review Board protocol.
• Designing data collection tools.
• Identifying appropriate statistical tests.
• Interpreting biostatistics.
• Exploring qualitative research methods.
• Selecting survey methods.
• Evaluating pharmacoeconomicanalyses.
• Presenting and publishing research.
Along with expert advice from the authors, former pharmacy residents offer first-handanecdotes that describe their early research experiences. After reading this book, one will understand that it is entirely possible to complete a high-quality research project within the timeframe allotted during a one-year residency.