2. Endoscopic Interventions
3. Benign Esophageal Disease
4. Malignant: Esophageal Cancers
5. Esophageal Surgery
7. Minimally Invasive Liver Surgery
8. Minimally Invasive Pancreatic Surgery
9. Minimally Invasive Small Bowel Surgery
10. Malignant: Polyps and Cancer
11. Benign: Volvulus and Diverticulitis
12. Minimally Invasive Hernia Surgery
This book provides a concise yet comprehensive overview of minimally invasive gastrointestinal surgery, specifically for the medical internist. Organized by organ system, the text reviews the pathophysiology, workup, treatment, and surgical options for diseases inherent to gastrointestinal surgery. The book also focuses on when and who to refer to for consultation by a minimally invasive surgeon, as well as what to expect in the immediate and long term post-operative period.
Written by experts in the field, The Internist's Guide to Minimally Invasive Gastrointestinal Surgery is a valuable resource for medical internists on minimally invasive GI surgery and how best to care for these patients in the pre and post-operative setting.
• One of the few texts specifically designed for medical internists on the ins and outs of minimally invasive GI surgery
• Organized in a concise and easy-to-read fashion
• Written by experts in the field