• The Strategies
1. Leading to Legacies
3. The Profession and Values
4. Life-Long Learning
• The Personal
• The Environment
Designed to help you excel at every stage of your leadership path, this unique and practical text is organized around a nursing and health care leadership trajectory of three core areas - The Strategies, The Personal, and The Environment. The Strategies covers necessary actions that you need to take to become more influential in any environment to move yourself and your people to greater contributions. The Personal relates to the concepts that you must develop and hone to increase your influence. The Environment reinforces how you can exercise the strategies and personal factors in this leadership model through assessing the situations in which you find yourself.
• Reflection questions in each chapter emphasize the importance of the process being discussed as a strategy for growth and to facilitate active reading.
• LL Alert! boxes cite examples of actions and statements to avoid.
• LL Lineup summaries at the end of each chapter help you create an action plan related to the chapter topic.
• Practical approach features straightforward, concise content that addresses only the most relevant information on the subject of each chapter.
• The Strategies covers necessary actions that you need to take to become more influential in any environment to move yourself and your people to greater contributions.
• The Personal relates to the concepts that you must develop and hone to increase your influence.
• The Environment reinforces how you can exercise the strategies and personal factors in this model through assessing the situations in which you find yourself.
• Patricia S. Yoder-Wise, RN, EdD, NEA-BC, ANEF, FAAN, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, Lubbock, Texas.
• Karren Kowalski, PhD, RN, NEA-BC, FAAN, President, Kowalski and Associates Consulting, Castle Rock, CO.
• Susan Sportsman, RN, PhD, ANEF, FAAN