This book addresses the increasing need for a text related to endoscopic-based middle ear surgery, offering the reader a step-by-step surgical dissector that focuses on high quality images, illustrations, and videos. Written by well-respected physicians at Harvard University and the Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, who have spent years researching endoscopic middle ear surgery, this book discusses the important benefits of an endoscope compared to a microscope. Additionally, the use of high quality medical illustrations and high-resolution images of endoscopic middle ear surgery, otologists, otolaryngologists, and neurologists alike will acquire basic endoscopic ear surgery techniques. Endoscope-based otologic surgery is a fast growing field and the use of rigid endoscopes to perform ear surgery, rather than just to visualize the middle ear, is increasing and primed to expand as refined instrumentation and operative approaches become available.
• Addresses the increasing need for a text related to endoscopic-based middle ear surgery
• Offers the reader a step-by-step surgical dissector on endoscopic-based middle ear surgery
• Written for otologists, otolaryngologists, and neurologists
• Includes high quality images, illustrations and videos related to these procedures
• Written and illustrated by well-respected physicians at Harvard University, The Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, and the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
• Dr. Elliott Kozin is in the Department of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery at Harvard University. Dr. Kozin has conducted significant research on endoscopic middle ear surgery and his current research in the Eaton-Peabody Laboratories focuses on developing an opticall-based auditory neuroprosthesis.
• Dr. Daniel Lee is an Associate Professor at Harvard Medical School in the Department of Otolaryngology and is the Director of Pediatric Otology and Neurotology and the Director of Fellowship in Neurotology at the Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary. Dr. Lee has conducted research on endoscopic middle ear surgery and performs endoscopic ear surgery on a daily basis.