• Highlights how groups form and function
• Discusses the role of parents and peers on youth sport experiences and development
• Suggests ways to advance the field of group dynamics in youth sports
• Mark W. Bruner, School of Physical and Health Education, Nipissing University, North Bay, ON, Canada.
• Mark A. Eys, Departments of Kinesiology/Physical Education and Psychology, Wilfrid Laurier University, Waterloo, ON, Canada.
• Luc J. Martin, School of Kinesiology and Health Studies, Queen’s University, Kingston, ON, Canada