1: Introduction, Shanon Patel and Justin J. Barnes
2: Life of a tooth, Federico Foschi and Sadia Ambreen Niazi
3: Diagnosis, treatment planning, and patient management, Justin J. Barnes and Shanon Patel
4: Preserving pulp vitality, Avijit Banerjee and Shanon Patel
5: Root canal preparation, Edward Brady and Conor Durack
6: Root canal filling, Conor Durack and Edward Brady
7: Restoration of the endodontically treated tooth, Bhavin Bhuva and Francesco Mannocci
8: Treatment outcomes, Justin J. Barnes and Shanon Patel
9: Dealing with post-treatment disease, Shanon Patel and Shalini Kanagasingam
10: Dento-legal aspects of endodontics, Len D'Cruz
The Principles of Endodontics, Third Edition is a contemporary and easy-to-read guide on why and how to carry out safe and effective endodontic treatment. Fully revised and updated, the third edition applies endodontic theory to clinical practice in a pragmatic and user-friendly way.
This comprehensive guide covers the core areas of endodontics, from embryology of the dentine-pulp complex to restoration of the endodontically treated tooth. The new edition includes advice on how to solve problems that can occur during treatment, and new self-assessment questions. Fully revised, the 'How to' sections provide current step-by-step guidance. With added colour photographs and line drawings, the book reflects the latest available material and equipment, and highlights interesting clinical cases.
The Principles of Endodontics, Third Edition is the essential text for undergraduates and a useful reference for recent graduates as well as established clinicians who want to refresh their knowledge to continue their professional development.
• A practical and user-friendly introduction to the complex field of endodontics
• Over 400 colour photographs and line drawings help the reader understand complex theory and procedures
• Designed with the reader in mind, this book applies endodontic theory to clinical practice in a pragmatic and user-friendly way
• Each chapter directs the reader to further reading for more advanced study
New to this Edition:
• New multiple choice questions help students prepare for exams
• New artwork reflects the latest available materials and equipment, as well as interesting clinical cases
• A new emphasis on problem solving provides practical guidance on how to manage specific clinical problems such as negotiating challenging root canals
• Improved step by step guidance
• New sections on iatrongenic endodontic infection and data protection
• Shanon Patel, Consultant in Endodontics/Honorary Senior Lecturer, King's College London Dental Institute, UK.
• Justin J. Barnes, Specialist in Endodontics, Centre for Dental Education, Queen's University Belfast, UK