Presented in a user-friendly format, combining flowcharts and high-quality illustrations together for an easy-to-read experience, this Fifth Edition of The RCEM Lecture Notes: Emergency Medicine has been thoroughly revised to reflect recent advances in the field of emergency medicine and to give readers a comprehensive and highly accessible overview of the field.
Contributions made by a variety of healthcare professionals with significant firsthand experience in the field, The RCEM Lecture Notes: Emergency Medicine contains information on:
• Major trauma and injuries.
• Burns, contamination, irradiation, and poisoning.
• Acute medical, surgical and obstetric conditions relevant to emergency medicine.
• Paediatric emergency medicine.
• Mental health and medicolegal aspects of emergency medicine.
The RCEM Lecture Notes: Emergency Medicine, Fifth Edition presents important 'need to know' information for all those involved in treating patients in an emergency setting. The text serves as an excellent starting point to support initial teaching on the subject and reference or revision at the end of a module, rotation, or final exams.