The unique and award-winning Unofficial Guides series is a collaboration between senior students, junior doctors and specialty experts. This combination of contributors understands what is essential to excel on your course, in exams and in practice – as well as the importance of presenting information in a clear, fun and engaging way. Packed with hints and tips from those in the know, when you are in a hurry and need a study companion you can trust, reach for an Unofficial Guide.
This case-based guide teaches systematic analysis of orthopaedic X rays for everyone from complete beginners to professionals. Readers practise X ray interpretation on 100 high quality images based on real-life scenarios. Over each page is a model report accompanied by a fully annotated version of the X ray to explain the reasoning.
100 Practice Orthopaedic X Rays is ideal for students preparing for examinations and will also provide a handy reference for postgraduates and practising doctors.
• 100 high-definition images, just like real-life X rays
• Full-colour annotations demystify orthopaedic X rays for complete beginners
• Systematic examples of how to present reports in an exam and on a hospital ward round
• Follows international radiology reporting guidelines
• Matched to the Royal College of Radiologists national curriculum
• New bonus questions to allow the reader to test their knowledge and cement their learning
Christopher Gee, MBCHB MSC FRCSED(TR&ORTH) , Consultant Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgeon; Honorary Senior Clinical Lecturer, University of Glasgow; Member, Faculty of Surgical Trainers