Focusing on the essential information you need to know when caring for children in the hospital, ICU, emergency department, or subspecialty outpatient clinic, Dr. Andrew J. White’s Washington Manual® of Pediatrics, 3rd Edition, provides concise, high-yield content that reflects recent advances in the field. This practical volume in the Lippincott Manual series presents brief, logical approaches to the diagnosis and treatment of common inpatient pediatric problems, as well as evidence-based references where they are available. It addresses common challenges faced by residents, interns, pediatric hospitalists, and medical students, plus offers practical solutions and expert guidance – all in one portable and user-friendly resource.
• Includes new chapters on Newborn Nursery, Immunodeficiency, Night Curriculum (how to answer cross-covering calls), Infection Prevention, Child Psychiatry, and Palliative Care
• Covers growth and nutrition, emergencies, poisonings, newborn medicine, critical care, surgery, adolescent medicine, child maltreatment, allergy and immunology, radiology, sedation, genetic diseases, and much more
• Contains numerous tables, algorithms, and evidence-based references that keep you up to date
• Written by interns, residents, chief residents, subspecialty fellows, and faculty at St. Louis Children’s Hospital and Washington University in St. Louis
The Washington Manual® is a registered mark belonging to Washington University in St. Louis to which international legal protection applies. The mark is used in this publication by Wolters Kluwer Health under license from Washington University.
Enrich Your eBook Reading Experience
• Read directly on your preferred device(s),such as computer, tablet, or smartphone.
• Easily convert to audiobook,powering your content with natural language text-to-speech.