Focusing on must-know information in the broad spectrum of general surgery, Washington Manual® of Surgery, 9th Edition, provides concise, high-yield content essential for surgical residents, attendings, clerkship students, medical students, and others who provide care for patients with surgical disease. Edited by Drs. Paul E. Wise and Jeffrey A. Blatnik and written by teams of Washington University residents and faculty, this bestselling manual presents state-of-the-art, comprehensive information in a brief, bulleted format, along with numerous figures, tables, algorithms, and images throughout. In one convenient, portable resource, you’ll find practical coverage of all surgical subspecialties (thoracic, GI, colorectal, cardiac, vascular, breast, trauma, critical care, and more)—all at your fingertips for quick review and reference.
• Covers the latest advances in surgical technique, instrumentation, and standards of practice
• Presents information in a succinct, consistent, outline format that conveys the most important diagnostic and management information for a given topic
• Includes clinical algorithms of disease work-up, diagnosis, and management, as well as completely revised review questions in every chapter
• Features new podcasts created for the eBook created by resident authors
• Provides up-to-date references for readers who would like additional information on a particular topic
• Written by faculty and residents from the Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis, one of the world’s top surgical training programs
The Washington Manual® is a registered mark belonging to Washington University in St. Louis to which international legal protection applies. The mark is used in this publication by Wolters Kluwer Health under license from Washington University.
Enrich Your eBook Reading Experience
• Read directly on your preferred device(s), such as computer, tablet, or smartphone.
• Easily convert to audiobook, powering your content with natural language text-to-speech.