1. Basic concept of Therapeutic Nutrition in Ayurveda
2. Essentials of Therapeutic Nutrition in Ayurveda
3. Therapeutic Nutrition in Ayurveda for Metabolic Disorders
4. Therapeutic Nutrition in Ayurveda for Inflammatory Disorders
5. Therapeutic Nutrition in Ayurveda for Gastro-intestinal disorders
6. Therapeutic Nutrition in Ayurveda for Hepatology
7. Therapeutic Nutrition in Ayurveda for Cardiology
8. Therapeutic Nutrition in Ayurveda for Dermatology
9. Therapeutic Nutrition in Ayurveda for Oncology
10. Therapeutic Nutrition in Ayurveda for Ophthalmology
11. Therapeutic Nutrition in Ayurveda for Orthopedic conditions
12. Therapeutic Nutrition in Ayurveda for Otorhinolaryngology
13. Therapeutic Nutrition in Ayurveda for Urology
14. Therapeutic Nutrition in Ayurveda for Neurological disorders
15. Therapeutic Nutrition in Ayurveda for Gynecology & Obstetrics
16. Therapeutic Nutrition in Ayurveda for Chronic Kidney Disease
17. Therapeutic Nutrition in Ayurveda for Asthma
18. Therapeutic Nutrition in Ayurveda for Epilepsy
19. Therapeutic Nutrition in Ayurveda for Neuro-cognitive conditions. Annexures
Nutrition remains the key for successful disease treatments, in addition to the various evolved medical treatments across the world. The treatment outcome improves to a better extent with degree of nourishment of the patients.
Therapeutic Nutrition in Ayurveda (TNA) has categorized system-wise diseases and discussed the nutrition with references from Ayurveda classics to the publications from indexed journals in today’s world.
This book emerges as a pilot project to discuss the clinical experiences directly and the concept of Nutra-vigilance, by the experienced authors of respective specialties like hepatology, neurology, dermatology, ophthalmology, oncology, cardiology, gynecology and so on. It broadly discusses Diet & Nutrition based on 12 different groups of diet in Ayurveda. Nutrition has been widely discussed for every disease dynamically in Ayurveda, with details of exclusion and inclusion of foods over a stipulated period or entire duration of treatment.
• Presents system-wise and disease-wise Therapeutic Nutrition
• Includes clinical experience of physicians on therapeutic nutrition
• Contains interdisciplinary discussion on therapeutic nutrition with integrated approach
The Integration of traditional & conventional health systems along with the multi-disciplinary approach is the emerging trend for inclusive health care in coming decades. This book serves as a handy guide for healthcare professionals across the continents providing interdisciplinary correlations on nutrition.
• Pankaj Wanjarkhedkar, MD (Ayurveda) heads Integrated Remedies, a pioneer institute offering Ayurveda Cancer Treatment with an integrative approach. Dr. Wanjarkhedkar has been in practice since 2007. His area of practice is primarily Cancer Care, Fertility Care, Metabolic diseases like obesity & diabetes. Along with Integrated Remedies, Dr. Pankaj is also associated with Deenanath Mangeshkar Hospital (Pune), Sahyadri Hospital (Kothrud, Pune) and Vivekanand hospital & Cancer Centre (Latur). Dr. Pankaj has academic interest in Up to date Cancer Treatments; Evidence based Ayurveda Treatments & Research in Health Sciences. He has presented papers and delivered keynotes in seminars / workshops at number of national & international conferences in Health Universities / Hospitals of India, USA, Latin America.
• Yashwant Pathak, PhD, is currently the associate dean for faculty affairs at the newly launched College of Pharmacy, University of South Florida, Tampa, Florida. Pathak earned his MS and PhD degrees in pharmaceutical technology from Nagpur University, Nagpur, India, and EMBA and MS degrees in conflict management from Sullivan University, Louisville, Kentucky. With extensive experience in academia and indus¬try, Pathak has over 120 publications, research papers, abstracts, book chapters, and reviews to his credit. He has presented over 150 presenta¬tions, posters, and lectures worldwide in the field of pharmaceuticals, drug delivery systems, and other related topics.