RUSSELL, J.; INABNET III, W.; TUFANO, R.
• History and Evolution of Transoral Thyroidectomy Approach
• The Ethics of Novel Surgical Techniques
• Alternative Remote Access Approaches to Endocrine and Neck Surgery
• Patient Selection for Thyroidectomy and Parathyroidectomy Using the Transoral Endoscopic Vestibular Approach
• The Role of Ultrasound in Transoral Endocrine Surgery
• Lobectomy Versus Total Thyroidectomy in Suspicious or Malignant Thyroid Nodules
• Surgical Equipment, Supplies, and Setup for Transoral Thyroid and Parathyroid Surgery via the Vestibular Approach
• Transoral Endoscopic Vestibular Approach Technique: Steps, Tips, and Pearls
• Benign Nodules and Goiters
• Transoral Management of Indeterminate Thyroid Nodules
• Transoral Endoscopic Vestibular Approach for Management of Thyroid Malignancies
• Graves’ Disease
• Transoral Vestibular Approach Parathyroidectomy: Patient Selection Considerations and Technique
• Special Considerations: Obesity, Reoperation to Transoral Endocrine, and Neck Surgery
• Central Neck Dissection for Transoral Endoscopic Thyroidectomy Vestibular Approach
• Transoral Robotic Thyroidectomy
• Decision-Making Process in Converting to an Open Approach
• Transoral Endoscopic Thyroidectomy Vestibular Approach Complications and Safety: Reporting Objectives and Future Study Design
This text will serve as a guide for both the head and neck surgeon and the general surgeon in the technical and clinical aspects of transformative transoral neck surgery. It provides the reader with a comprehensive understanding of transoral approaches, including surgical indications, techniques, and outcomes. Such indications include thyroid disease, parathyroid disease, neck dissection, and other head and neck pathology. Instrumentation, setup, and the role of additional technologies such as nerve monitoring and robotics are reviewed in depth, followed by additional chapters on techniques, pearls, pitfalls, controversies, and challenging cases. The volume concludes with the current state of robotics in transoral surgery, and takes a look at future directions.
Written and edited by experts in the field, Transoral Neck Surgery will be a valuable guide for the thousands of clinicians implementing this surgery.
• Written by national and international experts in the field of head and neck surgery
• The first text to focus exclusively with transoral neck surgery
• Includes high quality images and supplementary videos to enhance and aid in understanding of surgical techniques